- A.M.I. Mont. Dip & Sp. Ed. Dip, Maria Assumpta Training College
- A. Mus. VCM, Victoria College of Music, London
- Adv. Dip. Ed. (Special Needs in Education), Open University
- Adv. Dip. Ed. (Child Development), Open University
- M.A. (Education), Open University
- Ph. D. (Computer Mediated Communication), National College of Ireland
- M.A. (Ethnomusicology), University of Sheffield
Over my teaching career I have been involved in all aspects of education from primary and secondary levels to teacher training and adult education.
Along with Michael, I co-founded the National Aquarium, and acted as the P.R. and Educational Officer for the aquarium.
Besides being involved in research projects with the group, my current main research interest is in Computer Mediated Communication and the social impact of new technologies. I am also writing a book on the history of science and meteorology.
In recent years I have become a mixed media textile artist, exhibiting in Ireland, the United Kingdom, Europe and online, and I work as a teaching assistant on several online courses.
I also enjoy gardening and music, and play the concertina, piano, guitar, and autoharp.
Climate science and environmental science articles
Non peer-reviewed publications
- M. Connolly, R. Connolly, W. Soon, P. Moore and I. Connolly (2018). Analysis of Greenpeace’s business model & philosophy: Greenpeace wants a piece of your green. (pdf).
- R. Connolly, M. Connolly, I. Connolly and W. Soon (2017). Some key climate infographics. Prepared for the Heartland’s 12th International Conference on Climate Change, March 23-24, 2017, Washington, D.C., U.S.A. (pdf).
- M. Connolly, R. Connolly and I. Connolly (2014). Yellow River wind farm: Assessment of Environmental Impact Statement. (pdf).